FjordAlg is a biotech startup with currently consisting of a team of 4 based in modern facilites in Årdal Teknologipark. We are about to scale up our manufacturing operations of a microalgae-based pigmentation source for natural pigmentation of salmon, after a few years of succesful pilot operations and product testing.
This is a full-time, on-site role located in Øvre Årdal, Norway for a Process Engineer at FjordAlg AS. As a Process Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, optimizing, scale-up and monitoring our algae production process.
Daily tasks will include setting up and running algae culture experiments in lab and pilot, purchasing and taking into operation new equipment, data analysis and process optimization.
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology or a related field, or Bachelor + minimum 2 years relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of process design, optimization, and monitoring techniques
- Experience with data analysis tools and programming languages (Python or similar)
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and communication skills
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively in a team environment and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Fluency in Norwegian and English is preferred
- Experience in the food and beverage, biotechnology, or pharmaceutical industries is a plus
- Passion for sustainability and the environment is strongly desired